Sunday 11 January 2015

Favourite Five: Nail Polishes.

 This is going to be the first post of a series I've
decided to start called "Favourite Five". Basically in these posts I'm going to talk about my favourite five things from a category, for example todays post is on nail polishes, some of the other ones I'm going to do will be on my favourite five books or my favourite five films. I wanted to share some of my favourite things with you guys, so I thought this would be a nice way. There will probably be a Favourite Five up about twice a month, I'm not too sure yet.


1. Essie "Mint Candy Apple".



Mint Candy Apple is a beautiful mint green colour (as the name would suggest). Essie nail polishes all apply really nicely and are a perfect consistency. This is quite a summery colour, but I have been wearing it recently as it was a Christmas present. I can already tell this is going to be one of my favourites throughout spring and summer. However you do have to apply between two to three coats of this to build it up to a solid colour, which I don't mind that much because it drys very quickly (always a bonus for me as I tend to always smudge wet nail polish on things because I get fed up of waiting for them to dry)

2. Maybellene Colour Show "Blackout"




This is just a perfect Black. I've really been liking black nail polish recently, I think it looks really nice and kind of classic in a way, it's probably just because black is one of my favourite colours but I really do like it. I actually have it on right now, although by the time you guys see this post I will be back at school and banned from wearing any nail polish at all :(. I do find that with this nail polish, it will look okay with only one coat, so it's my go-to when I want something on my nails when I'm rushing, however I do normally use two coats, to stop it chipping so quickly.

3. Barry M Matte Nail Paint "Crush".



This is a beautiful deep red colour, perfect for autumn. I can't count the amount of times I have painted my nails with this. Deep reds are a classic autumn/winter shade and I for one am loving it! I find you need about two light coats of this nail polish to get a good strong colour. It is matte so it's not shinny, which sometimes annoys me, but sometimes I like it. Sometimes I like to put a shinny top coat over the top to stop the matteness (if that's even a word). The one downside to this is that I find you have to really shake it otherwise it goes gloopy.

4. Barry M Nail Paint "Jingle Bells".



This one is definitely the festive edition to this post! You can't beat a bit of glitter for New Years and Christmas! This polish is actually Barry M's special edition Christmas polish for this year. It's gold and red glitter, but it also has little tiny stars in it which I think is so cute - I didn't actually realize until I started painting my nails and ended up with loads of stars randomly dotted around my nails! My only issue with this polish is you have to but a lot on to get enough glitter, you kind of have to blob it so you get a good amount, but I will put up with it because it's so cute!

5. Rimmel London I Love Lasting Finish "Apricot Punch".



This is another summery colour, I know it seems a bit weird including summery things now because it's the middle of winter, but these are my top 5 of all time. It's a gorgeous pinky-coral colour and it  really suits my skin tone. It's quite old now, but still works really well. It applies nicely, it's not too gloopy or too runny. 

I really recomend all these nail polishes, If you try any out let me know what your thoughts are and I would love to hear some of your recommendations. 





2 comments: