Saturday 20 June 2015

A Very Stressful Week

Last week was probably one of the most annoying, stressful and anxious weeks I have ever experienced, like seriously. I'm still kind of stressed out about it so I thought I would write about it in hope that it help the stress leave my mind. 

Firstly, my bus was late picking us up from school. Not just once, three times. Three out of the five days it was late. I mean sure, if it was late in the morning I would have been fine, but it wasn't, it was late after school. Two of the days it was only twenty minutes late, but still, it's not really fair. Plus all three times the school knew it would be late and didn't bother telling us. But on Thursday night it was over an hour late to pick us up which was ridiculous. Also the school decided to leave about fifty kids on the grass/pavement in the school car park for an hour, unsupervised (and yes, they were fully aware that we were there). Now might be a good time to point out that phones are actually banned at my school, which meant a lot of people didn't have a way to contact their parents until the last 15 minutes of waiting when the head teacher finally came out and let us use the office phone. Luckily I still take my phone to school, so I managed to contact my mum soon into realizing it would be late. Plus I did have a good old text-message chat with my friend Maria who is great company when your stuck outside for an hour on a very hot day (I'll remember that forever Maria so thank you so much for keeping me sane). 

Would now be a good time to point out that the same day my bus was late was also parents evening? Probably. I'm usually not the kind of person who cares about these kind of things but this time, I don't know what happened (probably the hour long wait for my bus) but I got quite worked up and anxious about it. In the end everything went okay and all the teachers said lovely things and no one had any bad comments so that's always good. Had a good laugh with my drama teacher about the time she fell in a bin (oops, she told me not to post that anywhere online, but I don't think she knows about this blog so I'm all good, just shhh I didn't tell you). So basically every teacher we saw said I had to pick their subject for GSCEs next year so that's always great (not really). I literally came home and collapsed onto my bed with exhaustion, I had been out since 8am till 8pm. 

The next day I was so tired still, I forgot so much of what I had to do. After having an evening spent with teachers telling me how I never forget my homework and am always organised, guess what I did? Yep, I forgot my art homework, and my french book (but it turned out I didn't actually need that as we just watched a film). I honestly felt so bad, even though my art teacher said it was fine and she didn't mind, I literally got so annoyed with myself, probably because I was really stressed out still.

I hope somehow you may have enjoyed this post. I think I will definitely have a nice relaxing bath and YouTube binge watch session tomorrow evening. Also a huge thanks to Maria for keeping me calm and sane through all of this!
Have you ever had a crazy couple of days like this?
Angharad xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Aw you're welcome m'love! I'm always here for you; you've had a very stressful and tiring week. I'm glad parents evening went well! Again, always here for you if you ever feel anxious or that stupid bus driver is late again *angry emoji* xxx

    ReplyDelete